New version of Toledo Talk

July 17, 2007

I-75 High Speed Pursuit ...where was TPD? - Note: I posted this on Swampbubbles but thought it fitting for Toledo Talk so those who don't visit SB could view it also.

This high speed chase began in Michigan and ended up in P'burg Township. The chase took the MSP through the city limits from the Ohio/Michigan line to Rossford and ended near Roachton Road with the assistance of the OHP.

While the chase proceeded through Toledo it was only at about the South Street exit that a TPD patrol joined in pursuit for about 10 seconds before dropping off because they were about to enter Wood County.

Notice the condition of the TPD patrol car when it appears on the video. It was an embaressment. Makes you wonder if TPD dropped off because of juristiction or whether it was a case where their Police car could not hang.

View entire 16 minute video here...

posted by KraZyKat to news at 10:02 P.M. EST     (6 Comments)

Comments ...

My favorite part:

half chuckling - "Passing some big Toledo Pride thing....."

posted by HeyHey at 10:44 P.M. EST on Tue Jul 17, 2007     #

embaressment
Couldn't have uttered it any gooder. ;)

The guy called for Ohio, not Toledo cops. So that's just what he got. He wasn't familiar with Toledo or Ohio as noted by saying Stuckney and Millburg.

It was a leisurely cruise. It looked like a few people tried to help.

A high speed chase never seemed so boring.

posted by charlatan at 12:41 A.M. EST on Wed Jul 18, 2007     #

embaressment
Couldn't have uttered it any gooder. ;)

*Embarrassment* - Hey...It was late. I was tired and I went to TPS...gimme a break! LOL

posted by KraZyKat at 08:35 A.M. EST on Wed Jul 18, 2007     #

So that explains it! lol I can see my car in the video. I was on I-75 when that happened. Saw the car and the cop flying buy, then 1-2 min later 5+ cop cars came by. Thought it had been an accident or something for that many cops. He didnt seem to be going *that* fast I was going 60.
posted by jshriver at 09:11 A.M. EST on Wed Jul 18, 2007     #

Char is right. The pursuers make the call for assistance, and apparently they chose the OHP. That seems sensible all around if they anticipated that the chase would have remained on the highway. Remember, local cops don't have the authorization to "take out" people in flight by using the "nudge" method, as well as more risky crash techniques. The Highway Patrol, on the other hand, is fully authorized to crunch you off the road.
posted by GuestZero at 09:27 A.M. EST on Wed Jul 18, 2007     #

He chased the guy right to the OHP station on the 582 exit. There was no way he was getting away then.
posted by timault at 10:11 A.M. EST on Wed Jul 18, 2007     #

<< Older I LOVE IT!! My Money is already underwa...    |    Homosexuality More Dangerous Than Smokin... Newer >>

This is an old topic and is no longer allowing comments.

home | about | archives | customize | contact | forums | post | search