New version of Toledo Talk

August 18, 2006

Sunday brunch ideas? - Been quite awhile since Mr. and Mrs. McCaskey and family have been out to a Sunday brunch. Breakfast, yes; brunch, no. My mother-in-law wants to celebrate her birthday with a brunch this Sunday. Any ideas from Toledo Talkers? Thanks.
posted by McCaskey to food at 10:33 A.M. EST     (19 Comments)

Comments ...

Navy Bistro has a very nice all-you-can-eat Brunch with a terrific selection of dishes.
posted by MaggieThurber at 11:03 A.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

Heatherdowns County Club. I have not sampled it myself but heard it was really great...also relatively inexpensive ($12.95) compared to Navy Bistro.
posted by unknowncomment at 11:25 A.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

The brunch buffet at the Holiday Inn French Quarter is still delicious as ever - even if it is kinda plain fare.

Doesn't Cafe Marie do something as well? (not sure on that one)

posted by MoreThanRhetoric at 11:29 A.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

The Legacy golf course in Ottawa Lake has one from 10:00 - 2:00 on Sundays for $13.95. My folks have eaten there and had good things to say about it
posted by daddyg at 11:37 A.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

How much is the Navy Bistro brunch unknown?
posted by MoreThanRhetoric at 11:44 A.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

The Cherry Street Mission is nice...
posted by tiger at 11:52 A.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

The Cherry Street Mission is nice...

You like'a the soup, eh? HE LIKE'A THE SOUP!

posted by TheTalentedMrC at 12:14 P.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

Navy Bistro charges adults $19.95, kids $7.95 and it runs from 11 to 3 on Sunday.
posted by tjintoledo at 01:56 P.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

I can't recommend the brunch buffet at Manhattan's highly enough. We don't get there as often as I'd like, but we've never been disappointed. Lots of breakfast and lunch fare, always fresh and really good, with options from the simple to the more fancy. Great service and friendly staff, too. (I sound like a commercial.) :)

Seriously, good stuff.

posted by InfernalKeith at 03:47 P.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

Can you go to Heatherdowns Country Club for Brunch if you're not a member?
posted by MaggieThurber at 03:50 P.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

Thanks to all for the suggestions so far. Keep them coming.
I was curious about Heatherdowns myself as to whether you need to be a member or not...

posted by McCaskey at 04:02 P.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

:-)

posted by psyche777 at 04:23 P.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

Heatherdowns CC is not strictly private anymore, it's open to the public, yet you can still purchase memberships.
posted by gotoledogo at 10:23 P.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

You might want to try the Reynolds Garden Cafe. It's moderatly priced and while it may not have a Country Club atmosphere (it still is pleasent) their Sunday Buffet offers a wide variety of dishes that will keep you going back up for more.

You should be able to walk out of there with a full belly, ready for a nap and still have enough money left over to put gas in your car to get home.

posted by toledodemocrat at 10:34 P.M. EST on Fri Aug 18, 2006     #

If you don't want to spend a lot, you'll be pleased with the buffet-brunch at Big Boy on W.Central one block east of Holland-Sylvania. I think it's $7.49. Bon apetit!
posted by flinty at 10:39 A.M. EST on Sat Aug 19, 2006     #

Infernal, I love Manhattan's food! My kids band, Johnny Reed and the Houserockers, are playing there tonight and we're going early to eat with the fam. Great stuff, I gotta try the buffet! Thanks!!
posted by nana at 12:08 P.M. EST on Sat Aug 19, 2006     #

I'll second flinty's statement.

I can't really think of any other place to get 'brunch' I like Nick's Cafe on Reynolds, great little cafe, good food, a little pricey at first glance but they give you enough food to kill a horse.

posted by Reinhart at 01:24 P.M. EST on Sat Aug 19, 2006     #

McCaskey - will you let us know where you go and how it was? Thanks!
posted by MaggieThurber at 03:25 P.M. EST on Sat Aug 19, 2006     #

Well, my mother-in-law called tonight and it seems like she's feeling under the weather, so the birthday brunch has been postponed until next week.
Looks like we'll be trying The Legacy then.
I want to thank you all for the input.

posted by McCaskey at 09:54 P.M. EST on Sat Aug 19, 2006     #

<< Older 'Toledo Grows' community gardens tour    |    Iran's president launches weblog Newer >>

This is an old topic and is no longer allowing comments.

home | about | archives | customize | contact | forums | post | search