Missing my "Blizzard Bill"

Where in the world is Blizzard Bill Spencer? He was supposed to be on tv on channel 13 after April 15. My wife has to be his biggest fan. She is driving me crazy looking through all the channels for Blizzard Bill.
Did I miss his debut? Has something snagged his plans? We are missing him and hope all is well and that we'll see him soon.

created by hockeyfan on Apr 29, 2008 at 12:17:59 am     Comments: 9

According to Wikipedia (so you know it must be true) Blizzard Bill is a former personality at WNWO and a current personality at WTVG.

Apr 25, 2008 WTVG story titled 13abc welcomes Blizzard Bill Spencer, which contains a three-minute video. Blizzard Bill was on WTVG this past weekend. He will do the weather at 6:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and other weather-related duties during the week.

posted by jr on Apr 29, 2008 at 12:35:31 am     #

I've watched him several times already on 13. I think both he and Stan wanted to cut their hours back. Stachack may be thinking of retiring. He (Stan)may be the last local weather man/woman who gets to retire. I've noticed all the stations are going with all part-time weather people of late.

posted by Darkseid on Apr 29, 2008 at 01:47:43 am     #

I meant gets to retire with any kind of benefits.

posted by Darkseid on Apr 29, 2008 at 01:48:24 am     #

I still miss the red-hot Christa Quinn.

posted by Darkseid on Apr 29, 2008 at 01:49:01 am     #

I miss the old days with Charlie Umpehour (sp?) and Merle Kachenmiester! LOL But I think the Blizzard makes a great addition to 13 ABC!

posted by justsimplyholly on May 02, 2008 at 11:09:14 am     #

Old Merle had a crush on that black babe that was on weekends with him LOL

Charlie died, didn't he?

posted by Darkseid on May 02, 2008 at 02:36:19 pm     #

Heck, I miss Frank Venner. If you remember him your age is definitely showing.

posted by holland on May 02, 2008 at 03:18:02 pm     #

Yes, Charlie passed away a couple of years ago.

I totally forgot about Frank!

And I miss Jeff Heitz, well, the old Jeff Heitz that wouldn't have sold his soul to promote a company that was screwing their employees!

posted by justsimplyholly on May 02, 2008 at 04:22:44 pm     #

still miss the red-hot Christa Quinn.

posted by Darkseid on Apr 29, 2008 at 01:49:

I just found this site today and oddly enough was thinking about Christa yesterday. where did she go?

I am showing my age because I do remember Frank Venner.

Just realized I am not really showing my age. My senior moments are limited.

posted by emptynest on May 04, 2008 at 01:18:15 am     #