Area places for clothing donation

I'm planning on spending the weekend sorting through clothes that haven't been worn in 6 months. 95% of them are in very good shape and still in style, so I was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere that I can donate them that actually GIVES them to people that need them? It's mostly adult sizes, but I'm going to have some larger boys sizes (16/18) as well as girls sizes (14 & 00). Or if anyone knows of a family or teens in the area that might be able to use them, I'd be open to something like that too! Thanks in advance for any help!

created by justsimplyholly on May 02, 2008 at 07:40:35 pm     Comments: 6

Planned Pethood it taking donations for a rummage sale till wednesday this week.
Historymike would know more details.
Just a thought.

posted by SJD on May 02, 2008 at 08:23:51 pm     #

Easter Seals of Northwest Ohio would love to hear from you! They are in the process of collecting usable clothing of all kinds. You can dial up www.noh.easterseals.com to access their donation schedule. If you have enough stuff, they may send out a truck to pick it up.

posted by lew on May 02, 2008 at 09:01:51 pm     #

Rummage Sale

From the PPI website:

Thursday, May 8th 9am-7pm

Friday, May 9th 9am-5pm

Saturday, May 10th 9am-5pm ($3 Bag Day!)

Junior Fair Building, Lucas County Fairgrounds, 1406 Key Street-Maumee

Planned Pethood is partnering with Humane Ohio for a huge rummage sale. All proceeds will benefit the dogs and cats of NW Ohio and SE Michigan.

The group would love to have your good new or used merchandise. For more information call Jane Holman at 419-866-1790 or email at JHolman072@aol.com.

Also, local homeless and domestic shelters are always grateful for donations of quality items, and these organizations will make sure that your donations go directly to people in need.

posted by historymike on May 03, 2008 at 08:59:42 am     #

Holly - I usually donate clothing to Aurora House, Beech House and the Red Cross. The two shelters are always in need of decent clothing, and Red Cross can use them to help folks that have lost everything. There are so many worthwhile organizations that could use this type of support. Thanks for putting your stuff to good use.

posted by DoknowDocare on May 03, 2008 at 11:07:54 am     #

I usually donate to the "Sparrows Nest". It's a battered women's shelter. Since it's location is a secret you have to drop off your donations to the Cherry St. Mission.

posted by FatBabe44 on May 03, 2008 at 11:09:51 am     #

I knew I could rely on you guys to give me the info I needed! I'm going to get the stuff together over the weekend then get in contact w/the shelters you all talked about! Thanks again, you all ROCK! :-)

posted by justsimplyholly on May 03, 2008 at 11:30:40 am     #