Facebook Platform - Facebook start page for developers
- Facebook launches platform
- Facebook aims to be Social OS
- Amazing Facebook
- The Open Facebook
- Election '08: Washington Post, Slate Align With Facebook
- Analyzing the Facebook Platform, three weeks in
- Facebook Apps Facing Delays and Uncertainties
- Thanks for developing your Facebook application. We've disabled your account.
- Five Things That Could Kill Facebook
- Another Facebook App Acquisition: Slide buys Favorite Peeps for $60k
- Facebook for the Enterprise = Facebook
- Facebook Acquisitions: Fad or Proof of Platform Success?
- Facebook is the new AOL
- Now playing: Silicon Valley short attention span theater
- Facebook has 'thrown the entire startup world for a loop'
- MySpace to follow rival’s lead
- The Psychology of Social Computing: What Best Explains the Success of Facebook?
- Facebook Tech & Tasting
- Tips for Building Your Facebook App from the Maker of 'Quizzes'
- Vacationing in Facebook - Travel Maps and Many New Apps
- How To: Local Facebook App Development
- The Impact of Facebook's Platform
- 12 Ways to Use Facebook Professionally
- Top 10 Facebook Apps - Work
- Your WordPress Is In My Facebook
- Top 10 Facebook Apps: Utility
- Top 10 Facebook Apps
- FacebookCampToronto - discussed developing for the Facebook platform.
- Facebook is opening up
- Facebook + iPhone = UltraCool
- How to publish your Facebook status to Twitter
- Facebook debunked
- Facebook at Work - Slacking or Networking?
- Facebook Grows Up
- Building a Company on the Back of Facebook
- Facebook, The Kansan, and Django
- The hottest social media app company: RockYou!
- Tips for Starting your own Facebook Group
- Facebook now ranked 3rd in Page Views; MySpace down nearly 20%
- Facebook Apps Are Pointless If They Don’t Work
- Facebook, Accel and Founders Fund Launch fbFund; To Give Grants To Facebook App Startups
- Facebook to Offer Data Storage
- Facebook IM Client Coming Soon
- What If More Is Less?
- Seven Steps to Graphing Your Facebook Strategy
- In Facebook, Investing in a Theory
- WorkLight secures Facebook for enterprises
- Opening to the Web
AppFactory is investing only new Facebook applications. Salil Deshpande, the Bay Partner who will run the program along with senior associate Angela Strange, says that Facebook is now the Social Operating System, and that new platforms and systems historically lead to a new economy. Bay wants to be in the middle of that economy and fund as many of the “killer applications” as they are able to find.Salil says 40,000 developers have requested keys from Facebook to create applications, and over 1,600 have already launched on Facebook. AppFactory will be making up to fifty investments ranging from $25,000 to $250,000.
- Jul 5, 2007 - Details about Facebook's homegrown search engine
- Jul 6, 2007 - Facebook user demographics
- Jul 9, 2007 - Facebook Names Ex-AOL Official Marketing Chief
- Jul 9, 2007 - Facebook - 'F--- you, Yahoo, they're going IPO!'
- Insider Perspectives: Ex-Googler Justin Rosenstein on Making the Jump to Facebook
- Jul 13, 2007 - Facebook in Litigation 2.0
- Jul 15, 2007 - Facebook to supplant email?
- Jul 13, 2007 - The 'secret' video lives of Facebookers
- Jul 15, 2007 - Google Reader + Facebook Application = Digg killer?
- Jul 24, 2007 - 9 Ways to Build Your Own Social Network
- Social Network Exhaustion
- Facebook and journalism
- lunch 2.0
- Aug 1, 2007 ZDNet story
- Aug 9, 2007 Facebook, MySpace and How to Avoid the Perils of 'Social Network Fatigue'
- Change.org Facebook application
- Using change.org within Facebook and can sync the Facebook account to change.org at change.org.
- unofficial facebook blog
- What Should Yahoo! Do Regarding Social Networks?
- Replace Facebook Using Open Social Tools
Facebook and the Media
"In a nutshell, our attitude towards Facebook is 'this too shall pass.' We see no reason to buy into Facebook's walled-garden approach; our time is better spent serving OUR audience instead of trying to feed on Facebook's detritus like a Ramora."