Red Dragon/Y-Fenni Cheese

Anyone know if this cheese is available locally? The Andersons would have been my first call, but alas... I checked with Sofo's: No go, but they said they will check to see if they can get it.

It's available up in Tecumseh at The Boulevard Market, but that's a bit of a drive for a chunk of cheese.

created by gamegrrl on Aug 07, 2017 at 01:12:05 pm     Food     Comments: 8

Haven't seen that brand specifically, but I know I've seen this style at the new Kroger on Airport. There's also a really good version at Walt Churchill's.

posted by ahmahler on Aug 07, 2017 at 01:25:27 pm     #

I'd try Churchhills.

If you ever go to Ann Arbor Zingermans may carry it.

Another recommendation is to see if the company has a homepage and tells where you can find their cheese or email them and ask who in the area has it.

You could also order it online from a store that carries and have it shipped but the shipping would probably be more than gas to go up to Tecumseh

posted by jamesteroh on Aug 07, 2017 at 01:28:33 pm     #

You can definitely buy it online: http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/Red-Dragon.asp

posted by upso on Aug 07, 2017 at 01:45:08 pm     #

They have it at DeVries and Company at the Eastern market in Detroit. here is their cheese list:

posted by jhop on Aug 07, 2017 at 09:53:49 pm     #

jamesteroh posted at 01:28:33 PM on Aug 07, 2017:

I'd try Churchhills.

If you ever go to Ann Arbor Zingermans may carry it.

I was at Churchills Perrysburg today and did not see it. I'll be in other store tomorrow, I'll keep my eyes open.

posted by ahmahler on Aug 07, 2017 at 10:36:03 pm     #

I've never heard of this stuff but after googling it, I have to have it!

What about Murray's cheese stands inside Kroger? I haven't really looked at their selection so I have no idea if they only sell their own brands or if they'd have something like this.

posted by dell_diva on Aug 07, 2017 at 11:49:45 pm     #

dell_diva posted at 11:49:45 PM on Aug 07, 2017:

I've never heard of this stuff but after googling it, I have to have it!

They sell a wide range of cheeses. Murray's brand is sort of their "house brand", which is very good.

posted by ahmahler on Aug 08, 2017 at 08:00:52 am     #